Rava Besan Ladoo2013-11-01
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 60m
To me, Diwali is somehow never complete without besan ladu. There are several ways of making ladoos and various combinations, but my favourite is besan ladu, not just because it is yummy, but also because this recipe is easily made.
Go ahead, make some for yourself.
Suji ( Rawa)- 4 cups
Besan- 1 cup
Sugar- 4 cups
Ghee/ Dalda- 1 cup
Raisins- 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder- 1 tsp
Water- 2 cups
1. Melt the ghee in a kadhai(wok).
2. Heat the suji (rava) and besan separately, taking care to see that they do not burn. Remember to turn the gas to low when you are roasting these.
3. Never mix the two before roasting, because their texture is different and they will not roast properly if mixed before.
4. Put the sugar in a kadhai (wok ) and dissolve in 2 cups water. Boil until it has a 1-string consistency.
5. Mix in the roasted suji and besan flours.
6. Mix around well until the colour changes and the besan becomes crumbly.
7. If you do think that the mixture does not come together and is a bit dry, which means you cannot get them to hold a round shape for laddoos, here’s a neat trick.
Warm some milk, less than 1/4 cup and mix it in. Voila.. sorrows disappear!
Mix in the nutmeg powder and the cardamom powders and the raisins.
Make a very tight mixture and roll into round ladoos between both palms.