Quick Courgette Salad2015-01-13
If like me, you’re a salad lover or simply trying to get the carbs out of the way, this salad is an absolute must for you.
It’s made in a matter of minutes and can be had as a meal by itself or liven up any roast, barbeque or jazz up a burger. Even the mundane fish and chips can be served up with some courgette salad instead of the usual mushy peas.
Try it. I promise you will fall in love with its stunning flavours.
Olive oil- 1 tbsp
Lemon juice- 1tsp
Honey- 1 tsp
Poppy seeds- 2 tsp, roasted
Garlic clove, grated- 1
Salt- to taste
Pepper- to taste
- Grate the courgettes on the coarse side of your grater. I used my fabulous Julienne peeler from Oxo for this. It just does the work in minutes.
- If you have white poppy seeds, dry roast them in a little pan. They do fly around a bit, but that can be sorted with a little lid. I think toasted poppy seeds taste nice.
- Mix the honey, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic cloves well to make a dressing. I find my little Salad shaker from OXO comes in handy for this.
- Toss the grated courgette with the dressing.
- Add in the salt and pepper at the very end as the courgettes tend to leave a lot of water as soon as salt is added in.
You might also like:
For a quick way to get your salad sorted, you could get yourself these! I love them & absolutely recommend them!