Hakka Noodles Recipe- Indo Chinese recipe2014-02-14
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
- Hakka Noodles- 1 packet
- Spring onions, sliced slanted- 4
- Cabbage, finely shredded- 1/4 cup
- Beans, finely sliced- 1/4 cup
- Peppers, different colours- thinly sliced- 1/4 cup
- Carrot- 1, thinly sliced or coarsely grated
- Bean sprouts- optional- 1/4 cup
- Light Soy sauce- 2 tsp
- 1-2 garlic, finely minced
- Vinegar- 1 tsp (optional)
- Chilli sauce- 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup- 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil the noodles as per the instructions . Add salt, oil to the water.
When almost cooked, drain the noodles and pour cold water over it. Drain it completely and set aside until ready to use. It is a good idea to add a splash of oil at this stage to prevent the noodles from sticking to each other.
Slice all the vegetables and keep ready at hand. Chinese cuisine is all about prepping first an then adding all the ingredients to a very hot wok on very high heat, one after the other.
Meanwhile heat a wok . Heat about 1 tsp of oil until it smokes.
Add the garlic followed by spring onion greens, bell peppers, cabbage, celery, carrots and beans. Toss on high flame for 2 minutes.
Add the noodles, soy sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, chilli sauce (and ketchup if using) , bean sprouts along with spring onion greens.
Give it a good toss and saute for another minute or so.