Cornflakes Chiwda- an irresistible recipe2014-10-20
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
Chatpata snacks are the main thing in Diwali and what could be perfect than this easy to rustle up but absolutely divine Cornflakes Chiwda?
- Corn flakes – 4 cups
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Green chilies – 2, chopped
- Curry leaves – 10
- Peanuts – 2 tablespoons
- Dalia (roasted chana dal) – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds powder – ½ teaspoon
- Aamchur powder – ½ teaspoon
- Coconut flakes- 3-4 tablespoon
- Cashewnuts- 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add curry leaves and green chillies. Fry until they lose all the moisture. Best to do this process on low- medium heat. This process ensures that the chiwda does not go soft later.
Now add in the grated coconut, cashewnuts and dalia. Fry till dry and crisp. Try not to brown it. Add in all the spices, raisins, salt and sugar. Straightaway, add the cornflakes. Mix well.