Chicken with Black Bean sauce recipe | How to make Chicken with black bean sauce2014-01-18
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Chinese food is really quick to throw together. So if you are in a rush, short of time, then this recipe is perfect for such days.
This recipe is easily adapted to Quorn, paneer or Tofu for a delicious vegetarian option.
One word of advice though- the readymade Black bean sauces can vary in saltiness depending upon the brand- so taste ahead before being overly generous with it. Remember- a little salt goes a long way. Bon appetit.
Chicken, boneless, cubed- 400 gm
Black bean sauce- 1 to 2 tbsp
Garlic cloves, finely sliced – 4
Onion- chopped- 1/2 cup
Spring Onions, chopped (1 bunch)- 1/2 cup
Light soy sauce- 1 tsp
Peppers (Capsicum)-any colour- 1/2 cup sliced
Ginger, grated- 1 tbsp
Black pepper- 3/4 tsp
Carrots, thinly sliced (optional)
Cornflour- 2 tbsp
Toasted sesame oil- 2 tsp
Green/ red chilli- 1
Salt- as required
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok.
- Add the onion. Fry for 1 minute. Add the sliced garlic, gated ginger. Fry for 1 minute on high heat.
- Add the black bean sauce. Cook while stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and stir fry on high heat for 2 minutes to sear it.
- If you are using carrots, add them now. 2 more minutes.
- Add in the spring onions, green pepper, soy sauce and black pepper.
- Add the green chilli.
- Mix the cornflour in 1/4 cup water and add it in when the chicken is cooked. It should take about 4-5 minutes of frying.
- The gravy will thicken instantly.
Serve on a bed of steaming hot rice.