Cheese and Courgette (Zucchini) Fritters2013-04-12
- Servings : 5-6
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Not too many ingredients, and yes, lots of goodness, this is a quick way to get your fussy ones to down those veggies happily. You never know, they might even ask for more!
The fritters are very mildly flavoured and have an absolute melt-in-the-mouth soft texture because of the cheese and eggs. And the best part- they are ready in 10 minutes!
- Courgettes, finely grated- 3 medium
- Eggs, beaten - 2
- Flour- 2 tbsp heaped
- Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Cheese, grated- 1/4 cup (any cheese of your choice)
- Chilli powder- 1/4 tsp (opt chilli flakes)
- Pepper powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- to taste
1. Grate the courgettes, finely chop the onions, grate the cheese and beat the eggs. Mix everything together. Add in the rest of the ingredients.
2. Heat a pan. Pour in some oil and when the oil is hot, heap a tablespoonful of the mixture onto the pan.
3. Fry on medium heat, as the eggs in the mix need to cook. After about 3 minutes, flip over and fry the other side.
4. Excellent for breakfast or an after school snack. Or even when guests come a-visiting!