Cabbage paratha – Bandhagobhi paratha2014-12-07
- Prep Time : 7m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Many many vegetables lying around purposeless in my fridge, someday find themselves in a paratha and so did this cabbage.
I know that cabbage parathas are not the most common amongst parathas, but believe me they are really yum!
- Cabbage, finely grated- 1 cup
- Besan/ Chickpea flour- 1/4 cup
- Whole wheat flour-21/2 cups
- Green chilli- finely chopped- 1
- Pani Puri masala- 2 tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder/ Haldi- 1/4 tsp
- Ginger, finely grated- 1 tsp
- Coriander, finely chopped- 3 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- 1 tbsp - for the dough
- Oil- as required , for frying the paratha
Finely grate the cabbage.
In a large bowl, add the cabbage and all the spices. Mix well.
Add the besan and whole wheat flour.
Mix well and form into a dough and leave aside for 10-15 minutes. Do not let the dough sit for too long as the dough will get wet and sticky due to the vegetables releasing a lot of water.
After some time, add some more dough if required. Add the 1 tbsp of oil.
Make largish balls.
Roll out as round as possible and then fry on a hot tawa on both sides till brown spots appear. Put oil flip & fry and flip again until you have golden brown spots on both sides.
Serve hot with pickle, yoghurt or potatoes.
You might also like: