Boti Kabab – Easy Lamb Kabab2013-03-13
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 24:00 h
This Mother’s day was quite special.
Not only did it start off with a lovely breakfast made from beginning to end by my not-so-old son (Coco pops in milk, but special nevertheless), but culminated in dinner he made with Daddy dearest – which was this lamb Kabab
Needless to say, it is easy, just needs a long marination which makes the lamb ever so tender and the mild spices are quite delightful. They do not overpower the lamb, but make it an extremely delicious meal. Do make it when you are entertaining. Just marinate it the day ahead, or in the morning for a perfectly delightful dinner.
- Lamb cubes- 750 gms
- Onion, finely chopped- 1
- Garlic salt- 2 tsp
- Ginger powder - 2 tsp ( optional ginger finely grated)
- Cumin powder- 1 tbsp ( freshly ground works best)
- Garam masala or curry powder- 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped- 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves, finely chopped- 2 tbsp
- Yoghurt, fat free- 250 ml
- Honey- 1/2 tsp
- Lime juice- 1 lime
- Pepper- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
1. Dice the lamb.
2. In a food processor, add in all the other ingredients except the salt and pepper. Blend till everything mixes up well.
3. Now add in the salt and pepper.
4. Pour this strange looking concoction on the meat and let marinate in the fridge for 24-48 hours.
5. Before eating, remove the lamb from the fridge and allow the meat to to come to room temperature. This should take about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Skewer the lamb onto 8-12 metal skewers and arrange on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
7. Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes until tender and cooked through.
Serve as starters or with mains.