The perfect Swede mash2015-01-15
Salt- to taste
Butter- 50 gm
Pepper- to taste
- Place the swede in a pan of cold water,add in 1 tsp of salt and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until soft and tender.
- Drain well. Return the swede back to the hot pan and leave for a while. This will ensure that all the moisture is removed.
- Now mash with a potato masher
- Mix in the butter, salt and black pepper.
- Serve hot.
Swede mash taste best with lots of butter and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.