Christmas Rocky Road2012-12-23
- Servings : 30
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 2:40 h
A delectable, sweet, crunchy mixture of chocolate, marshmallows, nuts- what’s not to like?
It’s perfect for Christmas, perfect to make with kids and couldn’t be easier!
To be perfectly honest, we make these many times a year, they are so yummy, why wait till Christmas?
- Dark chocolate - 250 gm
- Milk chocolate, chopped- 150gm
- Butter, softened, plus extra for greasing- 175g
- Golden syrup- 4 tbsp
- Digestive or Rich tea biscuits- 200g
- Brazil nuts-150g ( optional)
- Red glace cherries-150g
- Mini marshmallows- 125g
- Icing sugar- 1 tbsp
First is the fun bit.
1. Find yourself the thickest pan you own, and pour in all the broken bits of dark and milk chocolate. Put it on a slow fire and let it melt.
As it starts melting, add the butter and the golden syrup. I didn’t have any, so I just added honey, it’s more healthy anyway- just in case if you were looking for healthy in something so sinfully delicious.
2. Now comes the bashing bit and the ever important- delegation bit.
Put the biscuits in a ziploc bag. Find a rolling pin and your most obliging child. Now hand over. Get the biscuits bashed into all sorts of pieces-big, little and lots of crumbs.
3. If your kids dont moan as much as my one does, about crunchy things, get the brazil nuts bashed as well. I just omit them.
4. By now, the chocolate would’ve completely melted.
5. Take it off the heat and add the crushed biscuits, nuts, cherries and marshmallows. Mix well to get a chocolatey gooey mixture. Ensure that everything gets coated in chocolate.
6. Get a large 10in x 12inch greased and lined baking tray. Tip in the mixture and spread it out. With a wooden spoon, try to flatten it as much as you can. I doubt you would achieve much , it is a rrrocky road after all !
7. Now cover with a cling film and refreigerate for 2 hours by which time it will firm up and be easy to cut.
8. Very unceremoniously, invert it onto a large plate, cut out into squares or rectangles and serve.
9. To make it look even more pretty, dust it with icing sugar.