Brownies make me drool. But I know it’s not just me. Gooey soft brownies with their fudgy centres are enough to weaken anyone’s resolve.
My love affair with brownies started very many years ago. I remember buying them in a cinema hall in Bangalore paying atrocious prices fr just a small piece of dry ( I say that now) brownie. That was the highlight of the evening!
So of course, over the years, I learnt to bake my own. This recipe is very easy to make and what is really surprising is that it tastes exactly like the super expensive boxes of ready mixes that you buy!
If this recipe doesn’t get you popular, I don’t know what will.
- All purpose four ( maida)- 1 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder- 2/3 cup and 5 tbsp
- Baking powder- 3/4 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Oil- any odourless ( not Olive oil)- 1 1/2 cups cup
- Sugar- 3 cups
- Vanilla extract- 3 tsp
- Eggs- 6
1. Preheat oven to 175C / 350F degrees. Grease a Swiss roll tin or roasting tray with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup + 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa
1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt